BOOKING A PLACE IS ESSENTIAL FOR THE WORKSHOPS/INTRODUCTORY COURSES AS PLACES ARE LIMITED!!!!! CONTACT ME NOW!
Courses & Workshops in 2019
Introduction to the Alexander Technique: Pocklington (Suitable for beginners)
- October: Saturday morning course runs over 3 weeks (1.5 hours/week), 10.30am to 12. 5th, 12th & 19th October. £50. This course is for anyone interested in learning about the Alexander Technique. Contact me to book (or phone – 01759 307282)
For your course fee of £50, you will get:
- A 1:1 interview before the session to discuss what you would like to get out of the course
- practical sessions (including living anatomy),
- discussions to support your learning and homework (both practical and theoretical)…how much is up to you.
- A 15 minute 1:1 session with me, before or after the course dates i.e. at 10.05 or 12.10
- A £20 discount voucher off a 1:1 lesson after the course.
More Alexander: Pocklington (not suitable for beginners)
- October/November: 4 week Alexander Technique course, Pocklington. Monday afternoons: 28th October, 4th, 11th & 18th November, 2019 – £50.
“More Alexander” – This is the popular, tailor made, course for anyone who has done 1:1 lessons with me or a workshop/group on The Alexander Technique. Start time 2.30 to 3.30pm. The fee of £50 also includes a 15 minute 1:1 session plus handouts and a £20 voucher off a 1:1 lesson. The course is tailored for you, and so the first session is 1 hour 15 minutes to allow for giving you time to discuss what you want from the course. Places limited. Contact me to book. (or phone – 01759 307282). Venue – Pocklington clinic, 21, Burnby Lane, Pocklington YO42 2QB
4 Friends all wanting to do an Alexander Technique Introductory Workshop? –
- Contact me and I will organise a workshop or course in Pocklington at a time to suit you! Tailored to the participants.
- Many employers want to do more to support their staff, particularly those working in high pressure roles – and, if they have to do presentations or sit at computers for many hours at a time this adds its own challenges. Training in the Alexander Technique offers a very different solution to usual presentation skills, ergonomic or health & safety approaches, and one that is focused on empowering people to be able to come across confidently to an audience and take responsibility for their own health and well being. Each company is different, so I will offer a programme tailored to your specific needs, following consultation with you. Depending on individual company requirements, delivery could be group-based or one-to-one learning, or a mix of both. My previous experience suggests that a mix of group and individual learning provides an optimal programme for both the individual and the company.
What people said about the workshops…
- A very useful course to focus the mind on everyday activities, who knew breathing was the key to so many things. (Dylan E, 8/5/19 – Introduction to the Alexander Technique)
- A simple and unexpected technique. Encouraging awareness and intention to use and treat your own body and mind peacefully and kindly. A super course led by a confident and gentle teacher. (Emma Mc – 8/9/19 – Introduction to the Alexander Technique)
- A well paced introduction to understanding pain and how AT can contribute to it’s relief. (13/2/19)
- Excellent workshop – very thought provoking. Know a lot more now than I did at the beginning. Diane B (13/2/19)
- The practical suggestions were very helpful Fred S. (13/2/19)
- Jane Clappison is a talented workshop presenter (facilitator) who is knowledgeable about the subject of pain. Her workshop is informative & fun. I would recommend it. Annie W (13/02/19)
- Gave me hope that chronic pain that’s been part of my life for years could be alleviated. Ros A (14/10/17)
- A very thought-provoking workshop led by gentle & supportive instructors. Cathy (14/10/17)
- Helpful to “think” when speaking, don’t rush. I am now aware of this when I use the telephone on a helpline. – Elaine A (16/10/17)
- I have found the course invaluable and very helpful. I’ve become more aware of how my body moves and am learning to move more easily and freely. – Sherri S (16/10/17)
- I found the workshop a very helpful introduction to the Alexander Technique and came away with a sense of optimism, feeling I might now manage and minimise my shoulder pain, as well as other aspects of the way I live – Hannah (14/10/17)
- “A very good introduction into the Alexander Technique in a small group that helps to make progress quickly.” Derek
- “Interesting, thought provoking and extremely relaxing.” Dorothy M